welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Two Down, Eight To Go

At my appointment today, my doctor found that I am now "a good two centimeters dilated". Everything else was normal. I am now at the point where I constantly have that nervous/excited feeling. And, for some reason, a part of me feels kind of proud that my body is doing what it's supposed to be doing and that these contractions I've been feeling have been real and that they have been accomplishing something.

Pete is way more antsy than me. I feel nervous/excited, but I am not too worried about when things are going to happen. I mean, it could be next week, but it could be a month from now. When I told him about my appointment, he asked if that meant I'd have the baby soon. When I said probably not, he was 100% disappointed. Lately, it's like with anything I say, he wants to know if that means I'll have the baby soon, and he is so cute and let down when he finds out that he still has to wait.

1 comment:

Britta said...

I finally figured out how to comment on this thing! YAY! I just wanted to say hello and that I am thinking about you two all the time and am SO excited for the baby! :)