welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Monday, September 22, 2008

Shower

Well, we made it through the shower and back to Appleton without having the baby. I was partially convinced that I would go into labor while we were in the cities, so I am happy to be safely back in Appleton. I still feel great, but I have been having quite a few contractions. The baby is still moving around a lot, and now that I know where its head is, I feel like I can completely feel the little feet kicking my ribs.

Anyway, the shower was amazing. It is one of those things (like a wedding) where you are surrounded by people who care about you and made the effort to come to celebrate something going on in your life and you end up feeling really overwhelmed and emotional about the whole thing. Needless to say, there were quite a few tears shed at the shower. Some were warranted (like when Alison first saw me and started crying), and others were just effects of feeling so overly emotional about everything (like when Alanna and I both teared up as she was talking about when the food was coming out).

We basically just mingled, ate a lot of good food, played a few funny games, opened presents, and ate some delicious cake. It was perfect. AND, now we literally have everything we need (according to my list) for the baby. So, thank you to my wonderful friends and family who made the effort to be there and make it special...and thank you everyone for all of the great and thoughtful gifts...and thank you to my amazing friends who planned the whole thing.

I left feeling sad that it was all over but thankful for all of these people in my life...and even more excited about the baby (if that was even possible). :)

No comments: