welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Biggest Fear

I have a very strange fear of getting my blood pressure taken. It makes no sense because I have always had good blood pressure, but for some reason I get really, really nervous every time it is taken. I have always been like that. The nurses all laugh at me because I get so weird and stressed right before they take it. And, because of my other fear of getting preeclampsia, my fear of getting my blood pressure taken is even worse lately. So, I have another appointment today (32 weeks!), and my heart is already racing thinking about having them take it. I have serious problems. :)

1 comment:

jormungandrew said...

I'm scared of high blood pressure too. I think I have the condition where my blood pressure rises immediately before my test – "white coat hypertension", or something. In any case, I'm sure that doctors, nurses, and pharmacy staff everywhere think my veins are about to burst at any moment because of my crazy test results.