welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Monday, August 4, 2008

28-Week Appointment


Today we went in for our 28-week appointment. Again, nothing special happened. I did have my glucose tolerance test, and I will get the results tomorrow. Apparently some people complain about the orange drink you have to drink for the test, but I actually thought it was good. It tasted like orange pop. :)

Other than that, they just checked my blood pressure (which was good), measured my belly (which she said was perfect), and listened to the baby's heart rate (which was 140). It's funny because I read that the theory is that it is a boy if the heart rate is under 140 and a girl if the heart rate is over 140, so obviously our baby's heart rate isn't telling us much at this point.

The doctor was slightly concerned about my swelling/water weight gain, so I have been instructed to keep my feet up as much as possible. I am going to really force myself to keep them up, but it is hard!

From now on, we have appointments every two weeks. We are on the home stretch!

1 comment:

klhp said...

I can't believe you're 28 weeks already! I feel like this has just gone so fast. I know you're probably thinking, "Fast? FAST?!? Are you kidding me? I'm hot and tired and I want to be done with this." I totally get that. But this outside observer can't believe how fast it's all gone. :)