welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Friday, August 15, 2008

Silly Nieces and Nephews

My sister, Linda, and her family are coming here for a few days on Monday. The last time I saw some of my nieces and nephews, my nephew, Henry, kept staring at my belly and asking, "Now, where is the baby again?" He kept wanting me to show him, but when I pointed at the bump, he just didn't get it. He didn't understand that it was IN my belly and he wouldn't be able to see it for a while. Later on, when we were eating, I told him that I needed to eat a lot of good food so that I could feed the baby. So, he started handing me all sorts of food and telling me to feed the baby. When I would eat the food, he would get all mad, and say, "No! Feed the baby!" So, playing along, I would put the food by my belly and THEN eat it, but that wasn't good enough. He literally wanted me to somehow put the food in the baby's mouth. He got very frustrated with me, and kept trying to figure out why he couldn't see the actual baby. Finally, he asked me, "Well, did you eat the baby?" I think it was the absolute only thing that made sense to him.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing what Linda's kids have to say about my belly when they are here...especially when it starts moving around like a creature.

1 comment:

klhp said...

That is HYSTERICAL! "Well, did you eat the baby?" That's my favorite part. That and the "moves around like a creature" ending. That made me laugh too.

See you in a few days!