welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Friday, August 8, 2008

Reading

Kristin recommended "The Birth Book" as something I should read before giving birth. When I first started reading it, I almost felt like I didn't want to read anymore because I would rather be blissfully ignorant about all things having to do with birth. In other words, I felt like I was one of those people who doesn't know anything about birth or medicine, so I felt like I would rather just go into it with no knowledge and just trust my body and my doctor. But, this book has really grown on me. It has made me think about so many things and it has made me question a lot of things that I thought I knew my opinions about.

It also encouraged me to talk to people around me about their own personal birth experiences. Luckily, I have three older sisters who have all given birth, a Mom who has given birth to six children, and a sister-in-law who JUST gave birth, so it was easy for me to get all of the juicy details from them, as well as their true feelings about everything that happened to them. It was amazing to hear about all of their different experiences (and each story and experience was SO different)!

Anyway, as I keep reading (and become more obsessed with this book) and hearing about birth experiences, I am getting SO excited! None of it, even hearing the horror stories, makes me scared...in fact, it just makes me want to go in right now and have the baby! I have a feeling that I am going to start getting antsy VERY soon. :)

But, I have 11 weeks to go, so for now, I will just enjoy being pregnant, read my book, and TRY to keep my feet up.

No comments: