welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Monday, June 2, 2008

Shopping Therapy

I have always loved shopping, but there is something extra fun about shopping for your unborn baby. It is even more therapeutic than shopping for yourself! Even just buying one small thing can make my whole day. And, when I can't go shopping, it is almost as therapeutic to just go into the nursery and look at all of the little things we've bought. I have to admit that I go into the nursery a few times a day just to look around and feel happy.

The cutest thing is that Pete is the same way. One day, when he came home from a particularly stressful day at work, the first thing he said to me was "let's go look at baby stuff." And, on top of that, he has admitted that he sometimes just goes into the nursery to just look at the stuff too.

So anyway, on the weekends we are here, Pete and I try to look at/shop for baby stuff at least once, and this past weekend, we bought a really cute hooded baby towel. Since my sister, Linda, always had the hooded baby towels that had the animal heads on the hooded part, I knew that that's what I needed to get. So, we found one that is yellow and soft and the hooded part has a duck on it. It is pretty much the cutest thing I have ever seen. :)

1 comment:

Hoff said...

Paul and I did the very same thing. It's amazing what a teeny t-shirt can do to lift your spirits. Now I again find myself in the baby dept. and it's just as exciting at this stage of my life. We can't wait!!