welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Friday, June 13, 2008

Poor Puppies

I know they are dogs, but anyone who knows me knows that I treat our dogs like babies. And today I got to experience what it (sort of) would be like to have two sick babies. BOTH of our dogs have kennel cough. That means that every two seconds one of them starts hacking and coughing and (sometimes) throwing up. NOT fun. The worst thing is that when it happens they race over to me and look up at me like "help me!" or "aren't you going to do anything?" It is heartbreaking! All I can do is pet them and tell them that everything is going to be okay.

I took them both to the vet (which was a spectacle in itself), and now they both have medicine. It's days like today when I can't help but wonder what it would have been like to ALSO be carrying around an infant...

1 comment:

bug said...

Oh Smith and Abe! I hope they are doing well! I will see you all soon! :)