welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Friday, June 6, 2008

Memory Loss

I obviously read a lot about pregnancy. I feel like I am always looking at my books or searching for something online. I had read that when you are pregnant you sometimes have a bad short-term memory, but I thought that was one symptom I didn't have.

Then, last night Pete and I were sitting around watching a movie, and I was going to bring something into the kitchen. Pete asked me to grab the jar of M&Ms. I came back from the kitchen with no M&Ms. He asked if I had brought them, and I said that I had forgotten, so I went back into the kitchen to get them. A couple minutes later, I came back...without the M&Ms. Pete was like "where are the M&Ms" and I was like "you have to be kidding me...I forgot them again!" So, I went back to the kitchen while Pete chanted "M&Ms, M&Ms, M&Ms, M&Ms" while I was walking so that I wouldn't forget.

I guess I have that symptom too.

And, for the record, yes, Pete offered to just get up and get them himself. :)

1 comment:

klhp said...

That is hysterical!! I love the chanting.

Rob laughed at me through the entire pregnancy, because normally I am not a person who forgets things. He kept saying, "Welcome to my world!" every time I would forget something or space out. I haven't had to do anything needing great memory yet since Sam was born, so I don't know if my memory has returned yet. I really hope it has!!