welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Monday, June 9, 2008

I Think I Can Feel It!

It seems like a pretty big coincidence, but since my last appointment, I feel like I have been feeling the baby. This makes me think that, as Nancy said, I have probably been feeling it all along. All of those times I wasn't sure if I was feeling the baby, I probably was. The feeling has changed though, whatever it is. :) I used to only feel little bubbles or flutters moving around, and now it feels more like little kicks.

When Pete and I were driving last Friday, I started to feel these little feelings, so I had him put his hand on my belly to see if he could feel them, and he did! You should have seen his face! He pulled away really quickly and seemed weirded out and grossed out and amazed all at the same time. But, any of those weird feelings must have passed quickly for him, because now all he wants to do is feel my belly.

Sometimes, even when I'm not feeling anything, he will put his hand on my belly and wiggle it around or poke at it to try to "wake the baby up" so he can feel it kick. So far, his methods haven't worked, but we'll see. We read in a book that you can teach the baby to play games with you when it's in there, so I think Pete is going to try to make that happen. Like, you can tap on the belly once, and the baby will kick once, and then tap twice, and it will kick twice. Things like that. :)

1 comment:

hanna said...

How fun, I can't wait to see you when you guys get back over here! Oh and Pete - don't poke the baby too hard.