welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pregnancy Class

So, we made it through our pregnancy class a few weeks ago without giving birth. That was my only hope...to finish the class before we had the baby. The class was good overall. I don't feel like I learned THAT much because I had already read so much, but it was nice to go over breathing techniques. Hopefully I will find them helpful.

In less than two weeks we will have a baby. I know this because my doctor was very clear that if I went PAST my due date, she would induce me. So, that means that no matter what, we WILL have the baby in less than two weeks. I can't believe it!

At my last appointment I let my doctor do a membrane sweep which is something that supposedly helps to induce labor. She said it usually causes the woman to go into labor about a week early. I am not getting my hopes up though...since then I have NOT been having any more contractions than usual. As always, I feel relaxed about the whole thing. If something starts happening, that's great, but if not, I can be patient.

No comments: