welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Project


I read a novel about knitting the other day, and it inspired me to want to knit something for the baby. I am NOT a knitter...the only thing I have ever done is knit about 4 inches of a scarf a few years ago. But regardless, I was suddenly motivated to knit. So, while Sarah was here, Nancy helped us get started on some knitting projects. I am making a peapod, which is sort of like a little wrap-up wearable blanket thing for the baby (it is bright green with cute and colorful buttons) and Sarah started a pair of cream speckled mittens.

I am really enjoying it, but I do have to take breaks after every row because my hands hurt. Hopefully I can get it done (or close to done) before the baby arrives.

No comments: