welcome to christine and pete's baby blog


Saturday, May 17, 2008

Some Practice with Samuel Robert Peavler


This weekend, Christine and I visited Kristin and Rob in Greensburg, PA to see their house and new baby boy Sam.  I was really excited about coming, not only to see Kristin and Rob, but also because of the fact that Christine and I are having a baby in October, and it would give me a chance to test my skills.  Let's just say I passed!  

This sounds cheesy, but I was fascinated with Sam, and realized how long it has been since I have held or even been around a newborn.  He is a really cute baby, and this weekend made me really excited to have a one of my own.  It's a lot of work which I knew was a part of the deal, but it's also really fun.  Sam slept most of the time, but when he was a wake, you could tell he was working very hard to understand his surroundings.  He would sit and stare at you while you held him probably trying to communicate to me that I am definitely going to be his favorite uncle, which I wasn't surprised or worried about........Drew.

Overall, my point of this entry is to say that I was having a hard time comprehending what this whole thing was going to be like for Christine and me, and  this weekend was a great test run for and gave me a greater idea of what's to come; and what's to come is really exciting.

By: Pete 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good form Pete!...good form.